Photo by:
Artwork by: Mikaela McLurkin

by Cindy Perez

At first, everything that had happened felt like a dream; it didn’t feel real to me. But once I saw how dire it has become, I now know that it’s more serious than I thought it was. The first week of doing classes online was very difficult. There is rarely any communication with anyone that you have classes with, unless you call them or text them. In addition, there were lessons that I couldn’t understand because I needed extra help. But once that first week was complete, online classes seemed to have gotten much easier because I got used to it. 

What being stuck at home for the last couple of weeks has taught me is that I won’t underestimate the value of being in school again. I do miss waking up early on a Monday morning.  Although not many people like to get up early to learn, we get to see our friends and talk to each other. Also, because of this virus, we are not allowed to be close to each other. We have to be stuck at home until this whole pandemic is over. Even though I can call my friends and talk to them, it isn’t the same as seeing them in person; there is nothing like talking and catching up in person. It’s scary to know that this is happening right now, and how it is affecting so many people. All day I think about the people that are affected because of this virus, and what they are doing now. But I realized I’m not alone. We are all together in this, fighting this virus. 

JOURNAL: WE ARE ALL TOGETHER
Skip to toolbar