by Adrian Zdrodowski

The COVID-19 pandemic has changed my life more than any other event in the year 2020. This global pandemic has changed my life in several ways. I have had to quarantine at home since the beginning of the virus’ outbreak. Instead of going to school in person, I had to attend classes virtually. Additionally, most non-essential businesses have been shut down. Overall, the pandemic brought about a change in my lifestyle.

During the rise of the COVID-19 pandemic, I have had to stay at home and quarantine. Like many others around the world, I could not leave my house without facing the risk of receiving a deadly virus. I never thought the simple act of going to a friend’s house could lead to the death of a loved one. I was no longer able to socialize in person with anyone outside of my family. Because of breathing difficulties a family member of mine is facing, they were very vulnerable to the virus. This meant we had to take extra precautions with every little thing we did.

With how easy it is for COVID-19 to spread, schools have had to switch over to an online education system. I grew up going to a physical school every morning of every weekday. I used to take every single one of my classes in person. Instead, I now join virtual classroom video calls. In addition to this new form of attendance, school work has been done online from home. It has been a while since I last submitted an assignment on paper.

With the COVID-19 virus bringing health and safety concerns to many, most non-essential businesses had to be shut down. I always found enjoyment in visiting arcades and amusement parks. The pandemic quickly shut down both areas of entertainment, along with any other populated areas. Many restaurants I used to eat at were temporarily closed due to the pandemic. Generally speaking, if a business did not provide necessary goods (such as food) it was temporarily shut down.

In conclusion, I believe the COVID-19 pandemic has changed my life more than any other event in the year 2020. The pandemic brought about many changes to my lifestyle. I have been forced to quarantine in my house for what has felt like a very long time now. I now must attend my classes virtually. I also cannot go to most non-essential businesses that are currently shut down because of the pandemic. Life-changing events can seemingly come out of nowhere. You never know what may happen to your lifestyle in the blink of an eye.

COVID-19
Skip to toolbar